Keep in mind...
Students are able to change/update their account settings via the Settings tab in their portal. In the case where you would need to update a student's information, you can do so through the User Management tab.
How to update account information for a student via quick edit:
1. From the Dashboard, go to Settings > User Management. Search for the user that you need to edit, then click on the three dot ellipses to the right of the student card. Choose Edit User Details.
2. In the form that appears, change any fields that require change.
- Note: the only field you are unable to change is the student username or email address. This field is what Suitable uses to create a student's profile. Please reach out to our Support team if you need to change this email address.
3. After making the necessary changes, click on Save Edits at the bottom of the form. You're done!
How to update account information for a student via upload:
1. From the Dashboard, go to Settings > User Management > Get Roster Template
2. Open the Excel template.
3. The required fields to import students are Email, First Name, and Last Name (in columns A, B, and C; do not overwrite the header row). Type in any account information you want to update into the appropriate column(s).
4. Your institution's specific Student Data Filters will be listed starting in column N. To fill in this data, you must assign values that you have already defined via your Settings > Data tab.
Refer to the article on Creating and Managing Student Data Filters if you need to add or edit those values before updating a students account information.
Important: If you need to add multiple filters under the same category to a student, please write them in the same column, then add a semi-colon (;) to separate the filters. Otherwise, previously-assigned student data filters will be overwritten.
5. Once finished, save and import the file through the Student Management tab.
No matter the process you use, if the update was successful, you will receive an email indicating how many student accounts were added and/or updated. If there was an issue with the file, you will be informed via email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.