Keep in mind...
There may be activities that you need to review before the student should be awarded points (i.e. coursework). This guide will show you 1) how to set up activities so that they require approval and 2) how to review/approve/deny activities that students submit. You can require approval for both Tasks and Events.
Below are instructions on how to require approval:
1. Whether you are creating a brand new activity from scratch or editing an existing one, you can find the approval validation in the Validation section of the activity wizard. Turn the slider for administrator approval to Yes and then finish the wizard and approve the activity.
2. Now, as students attempt to complete the activity, you will see approvals awaiting your attention in your admin portal. Log on and navigate to the Approvals page. From there you will see the pending approvals under the All Pending Completions tab.
3. Here, you will see all activities with completions pending approval populated including the number of pending completions and the option to pull a completion report for the activity.
4. Once you select Review (#) pending completions, you will see the activities in need of approval below. After reviewing the materials submitted, you need to either Approve or Deny the activity.
4. If you Deny the activity, a text box will appear for you to provide feedback to the student on why you denied their submission and how they should improve to make sure they achieve approval on their next attempt. This feedback will then be sent to the student.
5. If you Approve the activity, no further action is needed and the system will notify the student. You also have the ability to approve activities in batch by selecting multiple entries and then clicking the Approve all selected button.
If there is anything you are unsure about, or simply have questions about something, feel free to chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we are happy to answer any questions you may have!