Keep in mind...
There may be activities that you need to review before the student should be awarded points (i.e. coursework). This guide will show you 1) how to set up activities so that they require approval and 2) how to review/approve/deny activities students are sending in for approval. You can require approval for both tasks and events.
Below are instructions on how to require approval:
1. Whether you are creating a brand new activity from scratch or need to edit an existing one, you can find the approval validation in the "Detail" section of the activity wizard. Turn the slider to "Yes" and then finish the wizard and approve the activity.
2. Now, as students attempt to complete the activity, you will see approvals awaiting your attention in your admin portal. Log on and navigate to the "Activities" tab. From there you will see the pending approvals under the "Pending Approval" tab.
3. Once you expand the activity window, you will see the approvals in-line underneath. After reviewing the materials submitted, you need to either "Approve" or "Deny" the activity.
4. If you "Deny" the activity, a text box will appear for you to provide feedback to the student on why they are being denied and how they should improve to make sure they reach approval upon their next attempt. This feedback will then be sent to the student.
5. If you "Approve" the activity, no further action is needed and the system will notify the student. You also have the ability to do approve activities in batch by selecting multiple entries and then clicking the "Approve All" button.
Please reach out if you have any questions, feedback, or encounter any issues. We are available around the clock at email@example.com or via the Help chat in the application.