Achievement/badge retirement allows you to manage your badges by specifying when a badge is available. If you have a badge that should only be attainable within a given time interval (semester, year, etc.), or you want to recreate it, you can click Retire and students will no longer be able to track or gain progress towards it.
To Retire an Achievement:
1. Navigate to the Edit view of the achievement.
2. The Retire button is located towards the bottom right in the Details tab of the achievement wizard.
3. After clicking Retire, you will be prompted to verify your wish to retire the badge. If confirmed, it will be retired and displayed in the Retired tab of your Achievements section.
Rules of Retired Badges:
- You still have access to badge reports and requirements after a badge is retired. They'll be displayed in the Retired tab of your achievement list view.
- Once retired, any students who have not completed the badge will no longer be able to track or earn progress towards completion. It will no longer be displayed in their achievement list.
- If a student earned the badge before it was retired, it will be displayed in their scorecard and achievement list.
- If a student has earned the badge and removes a completed requirement after the badge is retired, they will lose the badge and it will no longer be attainable.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.