Some achievements may not be open to all students (i.e. - Freshman Experience). Do you have an achievement that you would like to create that is for freshmen only? Is there an achievement that is only available to a small cohort of students? We've got you covered!
Selecting a Segmentation
In the achievement creation wizard, you will be able to select a special segment in the Students tab. You will be prompted by the following question:
Selecting Yes will allow the achievement to be viewed, tracked, and achieved by all students. However, if there is a special segment of students you'd like to offer the achievement to, selecting No will give you options to satisfy this case as well. Your achievements can currently be segmented by class standing (e.g., Freshman, Sophomore, etc.).
Some notes on selecting a segment:
- Multiple class standings can be selected.
- If you reach the "Select students" page viewed above, pressing Go back will allow you to go back to the original question, which will then allow you to select all students.
Uploading a Custom List
We understand that not all of your program's achievements are defined by class standing. If you would like to create an achievement that should only be available to a more specific list of students, you can do this by uploading an Excel file of students. The achievement will be visible only to the list of students that are contained in the file you upload. Click , then Download Template and upload the completed file.
Some notes on uploading a custom list of students:
- The file must be in spreadsheet/CSV format.
- File should contain one column with a header row and a list of the student's email addresses.
- There is a template available for download to help with proper formatting. Just click Download Template as pictured above.
Rules of Segmented Achievements
Here are some important notes on segmentation to keep in mind:
- When creating an achievement, you can either select predefined segments or upload a custom list of students. If you need to do both, there are two steps to complete this:
- Create the achievement with the desired class standing segmentation.
- Find this new achievement in your Achievements tab.
- Click the Edit button on the achievement to return to the achievement wizard. From there, you can upload a custom file to add more students while still keeping your original selected segmentation.
- When editing an achievement's segmentation, you can only perform one segment update at a time. If you need to update the selected class standings and upload a file, you must do each operation separately.
- You can update the students who have access to an achievement at any time by editing the achievement.
- Existing students as well as future students that belong to a selected class standing will have access to the achievement.
- Once a student has access to an achievement, you cannot remove the achievement from them. If you need help with this, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist!
If there is anything you are unsure about, or simply have questions about something, feel free to chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we are happy to answer any questions you may have!