Keep in mind...
Some achievements may not be open to all students (e.g. First-Year Experience). Do you have an achievement you would like to create for first-years only? Is there an achievement that should only be available to a small cohort of students? We've got you covered!
Selecting a Segmentation
In the achievement creation wizard, you will be able to select a special segment in the Students tab - this means that a select list of students will have access to the badge. As you create the badge, you will be prompted by the following question:
Selecting Yes will allow the achievement to be viewed, tracked, and achieved by all students. However, if there is a special segment of students you'd like to offer the achievement to, selecting No will allow you to upload a specific list of students. Your achievements can be segmented by class standing (e.g. First-year, Sophomore, etc.).
Some notes on selecting a segment:
- Multiple class standings can be selected.
- If you reach the "Select students" page viewed above, Go back will allow you to return to the original question and select all students.
Uploading a Custom List
We understand that not all of your program's achievements are defined by class standing. To create an achievement that should only be available to a specific list of students, you can upload an Excel file of students. The achievement will be visible only to the students in the file you upload. Click , then Download Template and upload the completed file.
Some notes on uploading a custom list of students:
- The file must be in spreadsheet/CSV format.
- File should contain one column with a header row and a list of the students' email addresses.
- There is a template available for download to help with proper formatting - click Download Template as pictured above.
Rules of Segmented Achievements:
- When creating an achievement, you can either select predefined segments or upload a custom list of students. If you need to do both, there are two steps to complete this:
- Create the achievement with the desired class standing segmentation.
- Find this new achievement in your Achievements tab.
- Click the Edit button on the achievement to return to the achievement wizard. From there, you can upload a custom file to add more students while still keeping your original selected segmentation.
- When editing an achievement's segmentation, you can only perform one segment update at a time. If you need to update the selected class standings and upload a file, you must do each operation separately.
- You can update the students who have access to an achievement at any time by editing the achievement.
- Existing and future students that belong to a selected class standing will have access to the achievement.
- Once a student has access to an achievement, you cannot remove the achievement from them. If you need help with this, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist!
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.