Keep in mind...
When creating a task or an event via the activity wizard, you have the ability to link it as a option of an existing container.
Below are instructions on how to link a newly created activity to an existing container:
1. First, go to the Activities tab on the left-side toolbar and click Add a new activity near the top of the page.
2. Go through the activity wizard steps and fill in the activity details as necessary. Once you get to the Requirement of tab, you'll see a list of all the container activities in your program. Selecting a container (or set of containers) here will link the activity you are creating to the existing container(s) as an option. This means that you are adding the newly created activity to the selected container's list of options that a student can complete to earn credit towards the container. In the screenshot below we have selected Attend 10 campus wide events, which means that the activity we are creating will automatically be added to the selected container as an option.
- Activities added to containers using this method can only be added as options. If you would like to set an activity as a requirement, you must do so by editing the Container directly, via the advanced edit.
- Since you can only add an activity as an option, only containers with at least 1 option required will be displayed in the containers list. This means that if a container has 3 requirements and 0 options, that container will not be displayed in this list.
- Multiple containers can be selected in this view so you can easily add an activity as an option to multiple containers.
- This functionality is also available for use when editing an activity in the wizard (via advanced edit), or reviewing an activity request.