Keep in mind...
Use the Point Total Activity type to create a requirement for a certain amount of points a student must earn to receive credit.
When creating a point total activity:
- Click on the Activities tab on the left-hand toolbar, then click Add a new activity.
- Choose Point total as the activity type you want to create and click Next.
- Describe the point total activity you are creating (Title and Description are required).
- Set the points requirement and select whether you want to specify levels and/or competencies or allow all levels and/or competencies. If you elect to allow all levels and/or competencies, the selections will appear grayed out and you will not be able to select any. This means that all activities, regardless of level or competency, will count towards the point requirement.
- If you elect to specify levels and/or competencies, you can select multiple and your selections will appear grayed out with a blue outline.
- Think about whether you want students to earn their points within a certain date range. While a date range for point total activities is optional, please keep in mind that if you do not select a date, all points earned by students in the past will count towards this point total activity.
Please note that point requirements cannot be edited after the activity is created. You may edit the details of a point total activity, however points requirements, levels, and competencies cannot be changed.
If there is anything you are unsure about, or simply have questions about something, feel free to chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - we are happy to answer any questions you may have!