As a Contributor, you can request to add an activity to the Catalog. This request will need to be reviewed and approved by an upper-level administrator (e.g. global admin or publisher) to be added to the Catalog.
Watch a video on how to add an event to the catalog here:
To select the appropriate activity type, you may want to know the difference between an Event and a Task:
- An Event has one validation: smart code to be scanned via the mobile app.
- A Task has three validations: a self-guided reflection, ePortfolio submission, and/or survey (you can require more than one task validation).
To create an Event:
1. Click the Activities tab on the left-side toolbar and select Create a new activity in the top right corner.
2. Choose Event as the activity type and select Next.
3. Add the activity's title and description, the only required areas of the Detail section. You have the option of adding:
- Resource link and Link Title: any link that will assist the student in completing the activity (e.g. a Zoom link for a virtual event, an RSVP link, etc.).
- Incentive: great for in-person activities, e.g. free food, t-shirts, books, etc.
- Experience Tag(s): assist students in filtering activities and can also be helpful when pulling engagement reports. Add any relevant Experience Tags.
- Employers: if you are working with any employer(s), you can add them here.
Once you've added in the details, select Next in the top right corner.
4. Within the Validation tab, you will choose how your students receive credit.
- "Does this activity require a smart code to be scanned?" will be automatically toggled to yes. We recommend this validation as students would not earn credit until scanning the smart code. Students can scan the code with their mobile app; if it's an in-person opportunity, you can place the code around the room and/or within a presentation; if it's a virtual event, you can add the code to the end of the presentation, within the waiting room of the virtual platform, etc.
- If you do not require a smart code to be scanned, the student will be able to swipe right on their mobile app and earn credit without attending.
- You can also require administrator approval. We do not see this often selected for an Event due to the smart code validation.
5. Add the Event's date and time to the Date tab.
- The date and time are required for Events. If you need to change the time zone, you can click the time zone to the right of the time and select the appropriate one from the drop-down menu.
- A location is not required, however, is recommended if the event is in person. If virtual, you can add "Link Below" to hint where to find the link.
- Once done, select Next.
6. Review your submission to ensure all information is accurate. Once complete, click Approve preview and send for approval.
7. You will then be redirected to the Recently Added tab within the Activities page. Until approved, your activity will appear in the My Requests tab. If you do not see it, you may need to refresh your page.
- To make any edits to your requested activity, select the caret to the right of the activity and click Edit in the bottom right corner. This will take you to a basic edit; if you wish to edit further information (e.g. validation type), Advanced Edit will take you back through the activity wizard.
8. Once approved, your Event will be added to the Upcoming, Recently Added, and My Created tabs within Activities.
- If denied, you will receive an email with the feedback from the administrator. You can update any necessary information and re-submit the activity.
9. When your Event has been approved and added to the above tabs, you can select the caret to the right of the activity and click Edit, Get smart code, or Completion report in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Edit: To edit any Event details. Towards the bottom of the activity within this mode, Advanced Edit will bring you back to the activity wizard to edit additional details (e.g. validation).
- Get smart code: Select this button to upload the smart code that students will scan to earn points for the Event. You will be able to download a branded PDF of the smart code to highlight at the Event.
- Completion report: Once selected, the report will be emailed to you; completion reports provide you with a list of the students who completed a specific activity.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at email@example.com.