For any activities you created and required administrator approval for, below is how you will review each student's submission.
Each week, you will receive an email with the number of pending approvals you have. We ask you to respond to your students within 7 days.
How to review and approve student submissions for opportunities you created:
1. As students attempt to complete an activity you created, you will see approvals awaiting your attention in your portal. Navigate to the Approvals tab on the left-side toolbar or select Review Pending Approvals within the Pending Approvals section of your Dashboard.
2. Select the caret to the right of the activity. Here, you will see all completed activities pending approval, the number of pending completions, and the option to pull a completion report for the activity.
- Completion report: Once selected, a green header will pop up indicating a successful request. Check your email to review this report.
- Review (#) pending completions: Here, you can review all responses submitted by students.
*If a portfolio submission was required, you would see an option to Download pending submissions to the left of the Completion Report.
3. Once you select Review (#) pending completions, you will see the submissions in need of approval. After reviewing the materials submitted, you can Approve, Approve with feedback, Deny, or Approve all selected.
- To the right of the student's name, you will see the date and time they submitted for review.
- If a reflection was required, you can review it here as well as within the last column of the completion report.
- If a portfolio submission was required, you would see a link to view submission above the Approve, Approve with feedback, and Deny buttons.
- To approve multiple responses at once, select those entries and click Approve all selected in the top right corner.
4. If you Approve the student's response, no further action is needed as the activity will be added to the student's Completed Activities tab.
5. If you Approve with feedback, you will receive the following text box - add a message and select Approve. The student will receive the message via email.
5. If you Deny the student's response, a text box will appear for you to provide feedback to the student on why you denied their submission and how they can improve for their next attempt. This feedback will then be sent to the student via email.
6. Once you select a response, a notification will pop up confirming your approval or denial.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at email@example.com.