If you have multiple activities to add to the Catalog at one time, the curriculum import allows you to do so in a more seamless fashion than adding each individual activity.
How to batch import activities to the Catalog:
1. On the Dashboard, click your name in the bottom left corner and select Settings > Curriculum.
2. Select Download Template. This will provide you with the curriculum template that you will complete and upload.
- You can also export the entire activity list by selecting Export List. You will receive an email with a downloadable Excel file.
3. An Excel file will appear in your downloaded items in the bottom left corner of the webpage (depending on your server). Open the Excel and Enable Edit - begin editing!
- Row 1 will guide you on what to add. You will see help text at the bottom of each box in Row 1 to assist you in formatting appropriately.
- Required items are starred in Row 1.
4. Below is a row-by-row instruction guide to assist you in filling out the template:
- Fill in the activity's title
- Leave ID blank
- Fill in the activity's description
- Type - 'Task' or 'Event'
- Level - Leave black (you can skip when adding to the Catalog)
- Competencies - Leave black (you can skip when adding to the Catalog)
- Leave incentive blank or enter your activity's incentive
- Requires submission - for Tasks, write Yes or No; for Events, write No
- Events cannot require a submission
- Requires Smart Code - for Events, write Yes or No; for Tasks, write No
- Tasks cannot require a QR Code
- Requires reflection - for Tasks, write Yes or No; for Events, write No
- Events cannot require a reflection
- Requires approval - Write Yes if you want to approve the completion of an activity before awarding credit
- Events must have a start and end date and time; Tasks can optionally have a start and end date and time (you must enter a time if you enter a date)
- Enter date as MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD
- Enter time as HH:MM AM/PM; e.g. 12:00 PM
- Time Zone - for Events and any Tasks that have date/time, you will fill in your time zone
- Enter the activity's location, if applicable
- Option of (IDs) - please refer to this article if you would like to add your new activities as options to existing Experience Sets
- Reserved - do not fill out
- Experience Tags - if you have created Experience Tags, add one or more to the cell. Multiple tags are entered as Experience Tag 1; Experience Tag 2
- Resource Link Label 1 - to add a link to text e.g. Zoom Link. This is the text you would like the URL to be linked to
- If more than one, add to Resource Link Label 2 and 3, if needed
- Resource Link URL 1 - URL that when clicked, will take the student to the appropriate page
- If more than one, add to Resource Link URL 2 and 3, if needed
5. Once complete, save. Click Select a file within the Curriculum tab > Import Activities.
- If successful, a green header pop up to confirm.
- If unsuccessful, a red header will notify you of the invalid rows. You can update and re-import.
6. Once uploaded, head to the Activities tab on the left-side toolbar. Refresh the page. You will now see your activities under the Recently Added tab.
- You will also receive an email titled Curriculum Import Success specifying the number of activities added.