As a Contributor, you can request to add an activity to the Catalog. This request will need to be reviewed and approved by an upper-level administrator (e.g. global admin or publisher) to be added to the Catalog.
To select the appropriate activity type, you may want to know the difference between a Task and an Event:
- A Task has three validations: a self-guided reflection, ePortfolio submission, and/or survey (you can require more than one task validation).
- An Event has one validation: smart code to be scanned via the mobile app.
To create a Task:
1. Click the Activities tab on the left-side toolbar and select Create a new activity in the top right corner.
2. Choose Task as the activity type and select Next.
3. Add the activity's title and description, the only required areas of the Detail section. The description should also include the prompt, if a reflection is required, and/or directions on what to upload, if a submission is required.
You have the option of adding:
- Resource link and Link Title: any link that will assist the student in completing the activity (e.g. a workshop recording).
- Incentive: great for in-person activities, e.g. free food, t-shirts, books, etc. for completing.
- Experience Tag(s): assist students in filtering activities and can also be helpful when pulling engagement reports. Add any relevant Experience Tags.
- Employers: if you are working with any employer(s), you can add them here.
Once you've added in the details, select Next in the top right corner.
4. Within the Validation tab, you can choose how your students will receive credit. To require any validation, select the toggle below the question to Yes or No (all will automatically be toggled to No to start). You can require any of the below validations:
- Reflection: A textbox will be provided for students to reply to the prompt you added within the description.
- Portfolio Submission: You can require any type of document (e.g. PDF, Excel, video file, picture, etc.).
- Survey: if you have a Qualtrics integration.
- Administrator Approval: Requiring administrator approval means that the student's response would need to be reviewed and approved in order to earn credit.
*For this task example, we toggled to Yes for the reflection and administrator approval.
5. If you would like to add a date or date range, you will add it to the Date tab. This is optional for Tasks.
- You can add a date range if you want the activity to be available for a certain period of time (e.g. a specific semester).
- If you need to change the time zone, you can click the time zone to the right of the time and select the appropriate one from the drop-down menu.
- A location is not required but if needed to complete the activity, please add it here.
- Once done, select Next.
*For this example, we added in a date range of the academic year.
6. Review your submission to ensure all information is accurate. Once complete, click Approve preview and send for approval.
7. You will then be redirected to the Recently Added tab within the Activities page. Until approved, your activity will appear in the My Requests tab. If you do not see it, you may need to refresh your page.
- To make any edits to your requested activity, select the caret to the right of the activity and click Edit in the bottom right-hand corner. This will take you to a basic edit; if you wish to edit further information (e.g. validation type), Advanced Edit will take you back through the activity wizard.
8. Once approved, your Task will be added to the Recently Added and My Created tabs within Activities.
- If denied, you will receive an email with the feedback from the upper-level administrator. You can update any necessary information and re-submit the activity.
9. When your Task has been approved and added to the above tabs, you can select the caret to the right of the activity and click Edit or Completion report in the bottom right corner.
- Edit: To edit any Task details. Towards the bottom of the activity within this mode, Advanced Edit will bring you back to the activity wizard to edit additional details (e.g. validation).
- Completion report: Once selected, the report will be emailed to you; completion reports provide you with a list of the students who completed a specific activity.
- If a reflection was required, it will appear within the last column of the completion report.
- If a submission was required, a Download submissions button would appear to the left of Edit.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at email@example.com.