Making a Portfolio Item Private
Keep in mind...
- As a student, you have the option to choose which Portfolio items in your co-curricular transcript you want to be viewable by the public. This allows you to tailor your Portfolio in the way you want others to perceive it.
- If you choose to hide a Portfolio submission from the public, only you and the program's administrators will be able to view that submission.
- If you want to update a current submission in your Portfolio, you will need to use the web app.
How to make a Portfolio item private while submitting on the web app:
Within the Activity, you will see the option to make the submission viewable by the public at the bottom.
- This question is automatically toggled to yes which is highlighted in green. Click the toggle to change it to no if you want to keep it private.
How to make a Portfolio item private while submitting on the mobile app:
1. While adding a submission, you will see the option to make the submission viewable by the public at the bottom of the screen.
- Above the Complete a task button and below the option to Choose file is the prompt that reads: Do you want this to be viewable by the public? This question is automatically toggled to yes which is highlighted in green. Select the toggle to no if you want to keep it private (as pictured in the image below).
2. Once done, select Complete task.
Editing a current submission (only available on the web app):
1. On the web app, navigate to the Portfolio tab on the left sidebar.
2. Within this tab, find the submission you want to update. Once found, hover over the submission with your mouse. Select the Edit icon in the top right corner.
3. From there, you will be taken to Edit your portfolio item.
- Above the Cancel button, you will see the prompt that reads: Do you want this to be viewable by the public? It will be toggled to yes or no depending on your original submission. Select whether you would or would not like the submission to be viewable by the public.
- Once decided, select Next in the bottom right corner.
4. On the Preview page, select Post to portfolio in the bottom right corner. Now, your submission has been updated.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.