Keep in mind...
When viewing your site as a Test Student, you will NOT be able to view or open Suitable content.
Before we begin...
Navigate to your D2L Brightspace site.
Section 1: Adding Content from Suitable to the Course + Gradebook
1. Within your D2L Brightspace homepage, navigate to the course that you would like to work within, then click on the 'Content' tab at the top.
2. Then, choose the module that the activities will be added within.
If you have not yet created the module, take the time now to do so.
3. Within the module, click on 'Existing Activities' and choose 'External Learning Tools' from the dropdown options.
4. Within this dropdown, you'll search for 'Suitable Course Builder'.
5. If you don't see the Suitable Course Builder tool in this page, click on the back arrow in the top left corner.
This will take you to a page where you can view all third party apps available for your course. Then, choose Suitable Course Builder.
6. Now you are in the Suitable Course Builder, where you will begin tying Suitable activities into your course in D2L.
You can search for content on this page if you know the specific activity you are looking to bring in, or filter the list according to activity type. The filtering options are Tasks, Events, Achievements, Point Totals, or Experience Sets.
Note that all activities must be created in Suitable first in order for you to be able to link them to your course in D2L. If what you are looking for does not yet exist, sign in at app.suitable.co and add the activity.
7. To add activities, simply click on the activity that you are interested in adding.
8. Note that the default content source for all activities will be Suitable.
You can switch the content source to D2L if it is relevant to the activity. This will mean that all completions within D2L will be sent to Suitable, instead of completions within Suitable sending to D2L.
9. After selecting all of the activities you'd like to add as content items in D2L, choose 'View Sync List' to review the activities that will be synced to the course.
10. Once you have selected all of the activities that you'd like to add for now, click on the blue 'Sync Content to Course' button at the top to migrate the activities to your course in D2L.
11. Now you will be taken back to your course in D2L, where you can see the activities from Suitable synced as content within your module in D2L.
Section 2: Syncing your Roster and Grades
This step should be completed whenever you want the data in your gradebook to be refreshed for all students in the course.
1. Within the module of your course, choose 'Existing Activities'.
2. Click on 'External Learning Tools' and search for 'Suitable Course Builder'.
Keep in mind, you may need to select the back arrow to view third party apps and navigate to the Course Builder.
3. Once in the Course Builder, click on 'Sync Grades and Roster'
You will receive an email once the sync has successfully completed.
Section 3: Removing Content
1. If you need to remove content from your course and the gradebook after it has been synced from Suitable, first start by removing the item from your content page. You can do so by clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the content item.
2. Then choose 'Delete Topic'. Confirm its deletion, and navigate to the 'Grades' tab at the top.
3. In the 'Grades' tab, click on 'Manage Grades'
4. Then, choose 'More Actions' and 'Delete' under the dropdown.
5. Check the box next to the content that you'd like to remove from your gradebook, then choose 'Delete.'
Please sign in to leave a comment.