Keep in mind...
Use the Task activity type for instances where you would like students to complete a submission, reflection, or if you would like the activity to have administrator approval. You can read more about the activity validation types here.
To Create a Task:
1. First, navigate to the Activities tab on the left-hand side of your pathway, and then select 'Create a new activity'.
2. The first tab you'll be brought to when creating the activity is to choose the type. To create an task-type activity, choose Task.
3. Next will be the Detail tab. Fill in all required information, as well as any additional information you may be aware of.
4. Next, within the Validation tab in the activity wizard, you will have options to choose from regarding which validation type you would like your task to have. The three main options, as previously mentioned, are a written reflection, portfolio submission, and administrator approval. To make an option required, click on the toggle to change it from 'no' to 'yes'. If you do not want to require any of these options, that is perfectly fine as well!
- The fourth option is available to you if your pathway has the Qualtrics integration. If you are interested, please contact your University Success Representative.
5. Next is the Level and Competencies tab. You can associate as many competencies you feel are relevant to your event, but must choose at least one level and one competency.
- Note: the number of competencies that you apply to an activity acts as a multiplier for how many points a student may earn, based on the level that is applied. Read more about how this works here!
6. The next tab you will come across is the Option of tab. Use this option if you will be adding this event as an additional option to a pre-existing experience set. If you won't be doing this, skip to the Date tab.
7. In the Date tab, you have the option to add a start date and time, as well as an end date and time. You can also add a location in this tab if that is relevant to your activity. For this type of activity, date and time information is not required.
8. Finally, you'll arrive to the Preview tab. You can use this tab to ensure all information about your task is correct before publishing it to the Activity Stream by clicking 'Approve preview and post activity' in the top right!