Keep in mind...
Students will not be able to share their badges to LinkedIn with your institution as the issuer until this feature is set up by an administrator. Without set up, badges can still be shared, but Suitable will show as the issuer instead.
How to enable badge sharing for LinkedIn
1. Sign in to Suitable at app.suitable.co. Sign in to LinkedIn at linkedin.com.
2. From the Dashboard in Suitable, click on your name in the bottom left corner, then click Settings.
3. At the top of the Settings page, use the sideways scroll bar to scroll over and select Social Media. From here, ensure you have LinkedIn open as well as Suitable.
4. In LinkedIn, navigate to your institution's or program's LinkedIn page. Copy the URL for the page and paste it into Suitable, under LinkedIn Url.
5. Next, to locate your LinkedIn company ID, there are three ways to do this:
Within a job posting
- Click on the Jobs tab in LinkedIn, then select a posting that is open on your page. If there are no job postings open, move to the next option below.
- Within the job posting URL, locate the number that comes after '&f_C='. This number is your company ID. Copy it and paste it back into Suitable, then hit Save.
Within the list of who works at the company
- Within the company page, click on the employee number under the page headline
- In the URL for the page that appears, locate the number that comes after '?currentCompany=%5B"'. This number is your company ID. Copy it and paste it back into Suitable, then hit save.
As a LinkedIn page admin
- Navigate to the Admin View of the LinkedIn page from the All Pages or Home tab. The LinkedIn company ID is the numbers after '/company/' in the URL. Take this number and paste it into Suitable, then hit Save.
6. After completing these steps, you're all done and your students are ready to share their completed achievements to LinkedIn! Share this article with students to get them started.