Keep in mind...
- When viewing your site as a Test Student, you will NOT be able to view or open Suitable content.
- This article is specifically for the Ultra version of Blackboard. If you are not using Blackboard Ultra, please refer to this article.
Before we begin...
Navigate to your Blackboard Ultra site.
Section 1: Adding Content from Suitable to the Course + Gradebook
1. Within your Blackboard homepage, navigate to the course that you would like to use the Suitable Course Builder tool in.
3. To access the Course Builder, select 'Content Market'.
4. In the Content Market, select your Course Builder. It will typically be named 'School' Course Builder.
This will then take you to Suitable to select which activities should be made a part of your course.
5. Within the Suitable Course Builder, you have varying options for searching for and filtering the activity list.
You can search for content on this page if you know the specific activity you are looking to bring in, or filter the list according to activity type. The filtering options are Tasks, Events, Achievements, Point Totals, or Experience Sets.
Note that all activities must be created in Suitable first in order for you to be able to link them to your course in Blackboard. If what you are looking for does not yet exist, sign in at app.suitable.co and add the activity.
6. To add activities, simply click on the activity you are interested in adding.
7. Note that the default content source for all activities will be Suitable.
This will mean that once students complete an activity within Suitable, a completion grade of 1 will be sent to Blackboard. If a student does not complete an activity, the corresponding assignment in Blackboard will remain blank.
You can also switch the content source to Blackboard if it is relevant to the activity. This will mean that all completions within Blackboard will be sent to Suitable, instead of completions within Suitable sending to Blackboard. In this case, you will also need to create a separate assignment within Blackboard for students to complete, then, when grading, you will add a ‘0’ or ‘1’/’100’ in the Suitable assignment to indicate completion (0 for no completion/no points; 1 or 100 for completion/points).
8. Once you have selected all of the activities that you'd like to add for now, click on the blue 'Sync Content to Course' button at the top to migrate the activities to your course in Blackboard.
9. You will receive a confirmation message that the content was added to your course.
10. Return back to your Blackboard Ultra page, close the Content Market, and refresh the page to see your new content at the top.
11. You can also view the new content within your course's Gradebook.
Section 2: Syncing your Roster and Grades
This step should be completed whenever you want the data in your gradebook to be refreshed for all students in the course.
1. Within the Content section of your course, click the Plus button and choose 'Content Market'.
2. Locate your Course Builder and click into the tool. You will be taken to the course builder within Suitable.
3. At the top of the page, click the 'Sync Grades and Roster' button.
4. You will receive an email once the sync has successfully completed.
Section 3: Removing Content
1. If you need to remove content from your course after it has been synced from Suitable, locate the content under the Content tab of your course.
2. Select the three dots to the side of the content, and choose 'Delete'.
3. Confirm that you would like to delete this piece of content.
This will also remove the content from your Gradebook.