Keep in mind...
When viewing your site as a Test Student, you will NOT be able to view or open Suitable content.
Before we begin...
Navigate to your Blackboard site.
Section 1: Adding Content from Suitable to the Course + Gradebook
1. Within in your Blackboard homepage, navigate to the course that you would like to enable the Suitable Course Builder tool for.
2. Next, in the left side of the screen, navigate down to the Course Management section and choose 'Customization'.
3. Within the Customization section, choose 'Tool Availability'.
4. You'll be presented with all of the tools available to be implemented into your course. Look for the Suitable Course Builder specifically within this list.
5. Scroll to the right of the Suitable Course Builder, and check the box under 'Available in Content Area'.
6. Click 'Submit' at the bottom of the screen.
7. Within your course, click on the 'Content' option in the right sidebar.
8. Next, at the top, choose 'Build Content', then choose the Suitable Course Builder to build your content from.
This will then take you to Suitable to select which activities should be made a part of your course.
9. Within the Suitable Course Builder, you have varying options for searching for and filtering the activity list.
You can search for content on this page if you know the specific activity you are looking to bring in, or filter the list according to activity type. The filtering options are Tasks, Events, Achievements, Point Totals, or Experience Sets.
Note that all activities must be created in Suitable first in order for you to be able to link them to your course in Blackboard. If what you are looking for does not yet exist, sign in at app.suitable.co and add the activity.
10. To add activities, simply click on the activity you are interested in adding.
11. Note that the default content source for all activities will be Suitable.
This will mean that once students complete an activity within Suitable, a completion grade of 1 will be sent to Blackboard. If a student does not complete an activity, the corresponding assignment in Blackboard will remain blank.
You can also switch the content source to Blackboard if it is relevant to the activity. This will mean that all completions within Blackboard will be sent to Suitable, instead of completions within Suitable sending to Blackboard. In this case, you will also need to create a separate assignment within Blackboard for students to complete, then, when grading, you will add a ‘0’ or ‘1’/’100’ in the Suitable assignment to indicate completion (0 for no completion/no points; 1 or 100 for completion/points).
12. Once you have selected all of the activities that you'd like to add for now, click on the blue 'Sync Content to Course' button at the top to migrate the activities to your course in Blackboard.
Section 2: Syncing your Roster and Grades
This step should be completed whenever you want the data in your gradebook to be refreshed for all students in the course.
1. Within your course, navigate to the Content tab and choose 'Build Content' at the top.
2. Find the Suitable Course Builder and click into the tool. You will be taken to the course builder within Suitable.
3. At the top of the page, click the 'Sync Grades and Roster'.
You will receive an email once the sync has successfully completed.
Section 3: Removing Content
1. If you need to remove content from your course and gradebook after it has been synced from Suitable, first start by removing the item from your Content page.
2. Once in the Content page, navigate to the assignment that you would like to remove.
3. Click on the caret next to the name of the assignment and choose 'Delete'.
4. Next, navigate to your Full Grade Center in the left sidebar, under the 'Grade Center' tab.
5. Identify the assignment you would like to remove from your gradebook and click on the caret next to the name of the assignment.
6. Choose 'Delete Column' at the bottom of the list.