Keep in mind...
You may want some achievements to be open to all students and others to be targeted to a specific group/cohort (i.e. First-Year Experience). You might also want to create an achievement now but refrain from making it accessible to students just yet. Is there an achievement that should only be available to a small cohort of students? Do you want to draft a badge now and segment it later? If so, we've got you covered!
Who should be able to achieve the badge?
In the achievement creation wizard, after completing the Details and Requirements sections, you will then arrive in the Student List tab - this will allow you to choose your criteria for which students can work towards achieving the badge:
- All students: selecting this option will open the badge to all students, enabling them to work towards achieving this badge.
- Select student list conditions: selecting this option will allow you to create or re-use a previously-created custom student list based on several conditions, including your data tags, achievement progress, class standing, and more. Read this article for more information on creating a student list.
- No students (choose later): selecting this option will make the badge invisible to students until a condition is selected, or the badge is made accessible to all students. This is a great option if you are unsure of the student population at this moment, or would like to have the badge primed and ready to go ahead of an event or a specific time period.
Updating the Student List after selecting 'No students (choose later)':
1. Once you're ready to make the badge accessible to all students or a segment of students, select the three dot option in the top right section of the badge, then click 'Edit Achievement'.
2. Select the Student List tab at the top of the achievement creation/editor wizard.
3. Choose the student list criteria through the dropdown next to 'List based on', where you can create a custom student list or open the achievement to all students.
Uploading a Custom List
If you have a specific list of students that you would like to open the badge to that may not fit any of the existing condition criteria within Suitable, you can upload a list of students instead. Note, this list will NOT be dynamic. You will need to make manual updates to this list.
1. Navigate to the 'Student List' tab in the achievement creation/editor wizard.
2. Under 'List based on', choose 'Select student list conditions'.
3. Scroll down and click on the dropdown option under 'Create a list based on', then choose 'Custom student list'.
- If you need to use a template for your list, one is provided for you on the right side of the screen once you choose 'Custom student list'.
4. Upload the completed file.
Note: If there are other conditions you would like to apply to this badge along with the custom student list, you are still able to. However, all students in your custom list must meet the conditions that you apply to the badge, or they will not be able to work towards the badge.
Rules of Segmented Achievements:
- You can update the students who have access to an achievement at any time by editing the achievement, then refreshing the student list. A refresh to the student list is only necessary if changes are made to the criteria listed. Read more about refreshing a student list here.
- Existing and future students that belong to the selected criterion will have access to the achievement.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.