As a Global Administrator or Publisher, you can add an Event or Task directly to the Catalog.
To select the appropriate activity type, you may want to know the difference between an Event and a Task:
- An Event has one validation: smart code to be scanned via the mobile app.
- A Task has three validations: a self-guided reflection, ePortfolio submission, and/or survey (you can require more than one task validation).
To create an Event:
1. Click the Activities tab on the left-side toolbar and select Create a new activity in the top right corner.
2. Choose Event as the activity type and select Next.
3. Add the activity's title and description, the only required areas of the Detail section. You have the option of adding:
- Resource link and Link Title: any link that will assist the student in completing the activity (e.g. a Zoom link for a virtual event, an RSVP link, etc.).
- Incentive: great for in-person activities, e.g. free food, t-shirts, books, etc.
- Experience Tag(s): assist students in filtering activities and can also be helpful when pulling engagement reports. Add any relevant Experience Tags.
- Employers: if you are working with any employer(s), you can add them here.
Once the details are complete, select Next in the top right corner.
4. Within the Validation tab, you will choose how your students receive credit.
- "Does this activity require a smart code to be scanned?" will be automatically toggled to yes. We recommend this validation as students would not earn credit until scanning the smart/QR code. Students can scan the code with their mobile app; if it's an in-person opportunity, you can place the code around the room and/or within a presentation; if it's a virtual event, you can add the code to the end of the presentation, within the waiting room of the virtual platform, etc.
- If you do not require a smart code to be scanned, the student will be able to swipe right on their mobile app and earn credit without attending.
- You can also require administrator approval. We do not see this often selected for an Event due to the smart code validation.
5. Add the Event's date and time to the Date tab.
- The date and time are required for Events. If you need to change the time zone, you can click the time zone to the right of the time and select the appropriate one from the drop-down menu.
- A location is not required, however, is recommended for in-person events. If virtual, you can add language similar to "Link Below", if you prefer.
- Once done, select Next.
6. Review your submission to ensure all information is accurate. Once complete, click Approve preview and post activity.
7. The activity will be added to the Recently Added tab of Activities.
8. You can select the caret in the top right corner to expand the activity and ensure all information is correct. In the bottom right corner, you can click Edit, Get smart code, or Completion report.
- Edit: You can edit basic details about the Event. Towards the bottom of the activity within this mode, Advanced Edit will bring you back to the activity wizard to edit additional details (e.g. validation).
- Get smart code: Select this button to upload the smart code that students will scan to earn points for the Event. You will be able to download a branded PDF of the smart code to highlight at the Event.
- Completion report: Once selected, the report will be emailed to you; completion reports provide you with a list of the students who completed a specific activity.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.