Keep in mind...
Creating a badge will incentivize students to complete a series of activity requirements. Badges allow you to track student progress. Badges are also added to a student's scorecard once they have completed the requirements of the badge.
Badges can have shared activity requirements.
*Badge and achievement are interchangeable terms. Read more in the Achievements (Badges) support article.
Watch this video, or read the article below to learn more!
To create a custom achievement/badge:
1. First begin by ensuring that you have all of the badge's activity requirements in Suitable before building out the achievement.
2. Navigate to the Achievements tab on the left-side toolbar.
3. Click on 'Add New Achievement' in the top right of the Achievements page
- This will bring you to the Details page within the badge creation wizard.
4. Here, you'll be able to enter in the title of the achievement...
5. As well as the description.
- In the badge description, we recommend including any incentives that students may earn for completing the achievement, as well as any pertinent links and important formatting. You can read more about formatting your achievement description here.
6. Next, you'll decide if the badge should be a Featured or a Milestone achievement
- Featured or Milestone is defined differently by each program, and will represent which tab the badge will live in on the Achievements page.
7. Next will be to choose the custom badge image for the achievement
- Click on 'Choose file' to grab the image from your desktop. The recommended dimensions for a badge image are 150x210, 300x420, and 600x840.
8. Now we will move to the Requirements tab.
- Here, you will choose which activities should be a requirement for students to complete in order to achieve the badge. You can add or remove any activities that appear in the list.
9. Next is deciding which students should be able to work towards completing this badge
10. Finally, you'll arrive at the Preview tab where you can review the badge once more before saving the achievement to the Achievements page.
- If you find you need to make any changes to your badge before saving it, simply click on the tab that you need to return to to make your edits.
If you have additional questions, chat with us below or send us an email at email@example.com.